Congratulations to the WHHS Teacher of the Month for October: Ms. Doreen Tabb
1. How long have you worked in the District?
I started in January 2009. This is my 12th school year.
2. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy baking, decorating, dancing, and spending time with family, especially my grandchildren.
3. How would you describe your teaching style in one sentence?
I would say it is student centered, allowing students to be creative through the use of projects that require them to be creative and figure it out with my help as a facilitator.
4. What would you like your students to know about you?
I would like students to know that I have over 20 years experience in the business world as an employee and as a business owner.
5. Word of advice for current and or future educators?
Make sure your students know you care about them but always hold them accountable and make sure they know your expectations. Students need structure and will respect it.
6. Do you sponsor any clubs, sports or activities?
I sponsor Future Business Leaders of America and Student Council
7. Do you have any goals for this year?
My goal this year is to be healthier by prioritizing healthy eating and exercise.