Activity: Floor Hockey Unit
- To give students a basic understanding of the game of hockey.
- T o provide opportunities for enjoyment of this sport as a lifetime activity.
- To have students incorporate fitness into the lesson.
- To know the importance of safety and to practice safe play.
- To use class time effectively.
- To enhance social skills.
Introduce students to the game of scooter hockey.
- Show equipment
- Teacher demonstration of equipment use
- Demonstration of appropriate ways to move the ball/puck
- Basic game rules
- Stress stick safety as well as scooter safety.
- Students will be divided into two teams and play a modified game of scooter hockey. 3 min. time periods. Health/P.E. Standard 10.3.3, 10.4.3, 10.3.6, 10.4.6
Students will be playing regular games of floor hockey. Stressing stick control, and correct stance. Safety first. Health/P.E. Standard 10.3.3, 10.4.3, 10.3.6, 10.4.6