Parents and Community Members,
As we finalize our preparations for the 2022-2023 school year, I wanted to make a few announcements. First, with the busy administrative and new employee trainings we have set for August, we have decided to cancel the Committee Meetings scheduled for August 2nd and 3rd. Our goal is to open this school year with a clear set of unified expectations for all students. With that, we want to use the next week to collaborate with all team members to organize the opening of the school year. Second, we all understand the importance of communication and plan to streamline pathways for parents and community members. This plan will include a complete overhaul of our social media presence, group PTA and parent organization meetings and an updated District website. I feel strongly that our new approach will provide the resources students and parents need to feel informed and heard. Our Vision this year revolves around the “Power of One” so we will use this theme to guide our outreach.
Listed here are the events we will ask for public involvement and participation in for the month of August:
- Wednesday, August 10th 7:00 PM - Public Agenda Setting Board Meeting;
- Tuesday, August 16th 6:00 PM (Zoom) - Peal Center Presentation to Parents of Students with Special Needs;
- Wednesday, August 17th 7:00 PM - Public Legislative Board Meeting to Vote and Approve August Items;
- Saturday, August 20th - 10:00 am – 2:00 pm – Dickson Middle School – Woodland Hills Community Day;
- Monday, August 22 - 1:00 PM - 'Welcome Back to School' and 'Meet the New Principals' event at Dickson
- 1:00 pm Sixth Grade
- 2:00 pm Seventh Grade
- 3:00 pm Eighth Grade
****Wednesday, August 24th - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
6. (NEW) Monday, August 29th - 5:00 PM Board Room - All Parent Groups (PTAs, PAC, CRT, etc.) 2022-2023 Kick Off Meeting (In-person and on Zoom)
In addition to these scheduled meetings, we have our second school newsletter going out near the middle of August. This hard copy format was very well received this summer and something we hope to continue. Also, each building will be mailing out their student welcome letters and introducing their new administrative teams very soon.