The Trunk-or-Treating guidelines include:
- Gather your team. Ask family, friends, parent groups, local businesses, booster clubs, teachers, or neighbors to host a trunk station with you! Brainstorm ideas for your theme.
- Sign up! If you are interested in hosting a trunk station, please sign up by October 6 at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b4cada728a7fd0-trunkortreat or by emailing email@example.com with “Trunk or Treat” in the subject line (please provide your name, contact info, if you plan to host a peanut-free trunk and the name of your organization, business etc. if you are representing one). Spaces are going fast!
- On October 21, pull your vehicle into a WHSD parking space located at 2550 Greensburg Pike (back/side lot). The parking lot will open at 1:00 pm for Trunk-or-Treat cars only. Candy stations must be ready for Trunk-or-Treaters by 2:00 pm. Please do not pass out candy before 2pm.
- Decorate your trunk. Unique, fun, and family-oriented designs are encouraged. Creativity is good, but so is a simple Halloween tablecloth! Gore, weapons, horror, and showing disrespect to other groups is not permitted. Wear a costume (if you want)! Set up folding chairs next to your trunk. If you are representing a business/organization/etc. you are welcome to hang a yard sign, banner or table cloth.
- Have your treats ready. Children in 6th grade and below are invited to participate. Please provide enough candy for 500 children. The H.U.G.S. Volunteer program will provide additional candy for your station if/when you run out, while supplies last. Please limit to 1 piece of candy per child! Peanut-free trunks will be marked (please consider hosting a peanut-free trunk)!
- If you are not hosting a trunk, please consider donating a bag of candy, tattoos/stickers, or gently used costumes for kids of all ages to H.U.G.S. You can send it in with your student to be dropped off in the office (labeled H.U.G.S. Trunk or Treat). Pub in the Park located in Swissvale has a candy collection box as well. Donations will be collected on October 13. No homemade treats will be accepted. Thank you!
***If you are coming to this event only to trick or treat, please park in the main/front lot. For safety purposes, we will have attendants directing traffic. So that we can ensure everyone gets candy, please only walk through ONCE. Smoking on school grounds is strictly prohibited. We look forward to seeing everyone in costume!
HUGS (Helping Unconditionally and Giving Support) is a program of the Woodland Hills Foundation. We are a volunteer organization of the Woodland Hills School District focused on supporting the schools and reaching out to the community. Want to get involved? Have Questions? Visit us on Facebook @ WHSD HUGS, check out our website at http://www.whsd.net/Content/hugs , or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .