As of 08/01/2022 you can now register your student at the building you would like your student to attend. Please be aware that registration for kindergarten at Edgewood is full and parents have the option of sending their kindergartner to either Wilkins or Turtle Creek.
Registrations are by APPOINTMENT ONLY
Registrations packets along with supporting documents can also be emailed to email@example.com. The fill-in form is on the district website at www.whsd.net under the registration tab.
Kindergarten registration with kindergarten screenings are done in the winter at the elementary schools. Children must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the year they plan to start school. Kindergarten is a full day program offered at Woodland Hills School District.
There are a number of documents we will need to receive from you to establish residency within our District, as well as requirements for your child(ren) before entering school. They are highlighted below:
Documents requested by the WHSD School Board for student registration:
- Current deed or lease agreement or Notarized Affidavit of Residency.
Any one (1) of the following must be provided in addition to the above:
- Valid PA Department of Transportation: license or identification with current district address.
- Valid PA automobile registration.
- Current (within thirty (30) days) utility bills (gas, electric, cable, water) with district address.
- Current tax statements with district address.
- Current check stubs from wages with district address.
- Copy of state/federal program enrollment.
- Current credit card bill.
In addition, Parent/Guardian will also present the following for the child(ren) :
- Birth or baptismal certificate or current passport with child(ren)’s date of birth. Prior school record indicating date of birth.
- Proof of immunization required by law – acceptable documentation includes:
a. Student’s immunization record.
b. Written statement from prior school district or a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered or that a required series is being administered.
c. Verbal assurances from prior school district or a medical office that required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow.
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship, if applicable. (Sworn Statement of Resident in support of free school privileges for nonresident child)
No child will be registered until residency can be proven. No child will be admitted
to school without proof of immunizations.
The above list of acceptable documents is subject to change at any time according to
mandated requirements from the PA Department of Education.
The school district reserves the right to request proof of residence of any resident
with school age children at any time.
They must have all updated shots, including Hepatitis B, two doses of MMR, and two doses of the varicella (chickenpox) vaccine. (More Information) Please remember that Immunization records will be reviewed by the school nurse for required updates prior to child(ren) starting school.
Parents of elementary students will be given the opportunity to choose which elementary school they would like their child to attend as space permits. If you would like to schedule a tour of the school, please contact the building principal at the numbers listed below:
Wilkins Elementary STEAM Academy (K-5)
362 Churchill Road
Wilkins Township, PA 15235
Edgewood Elementary STEAM Academy (K-5)
241 Maple Avenue
Edgewood, PA 15218
Turtle Creek Elementary STEAM Academy (K-5)
126 Monroeville Avenue
Turtle Creek, PA 15145
Dickson Preparatory STEAM Academy (6-8)
7301 Schoyer Avenue
Swissvale, PA 15218
Woodland Hills High School (Grades 9-12)
2550 Greensburg Pike
Churchill, PA 15221