- Introduce students to the basic fundamentals of bowling
- Provide students an opportunity to apply movement skills in a game situation
- Teach students origin and history of bowling
- Students will learn basic bowling courtesy and etiquette of the game of bowling
Students will play a bowling game, undergo a bowling technique assessment by teacher observations. Health/P.E. Standard 10.3.3, 10.4.3, 10.3.6, 10.4.6
Students will be taught basic bowling courtesy which includes the following items:
- Stay behind the foul lines at all times.
- Be ready to bowl when it is your turn.
- Let the bowler to the right go first, stay out of their field of vision.
- Do not bother other bowlers as they prepare to bowl.
- Try your best at all times.
- Be nice to your teammates.