What is a "Flipped Classroom"?
Flipped Classroom Lessons
Begin at Home
- A student is asked to view a video or complete an activity at home.
- He/she will apply this background knowledge to practice the new skill.
- Students who were not able to do the background or introductory assignment will need to complete it in class before joining the others for practice.
This is Great because:
- A student can watch the video as many times as he/she wants or needs to.
- The student can learn at their own pace.
- The class can get right to the meat of the lesson if students come with the same background knowledge.
- The lessons can be used to review a skill because it will remain on our web page.
Watch a video about the Khan Academy to see what started it all.