View Events/Assignments for
The course stresses 3 themes: the nature of life, the continuity of life, and the diversity of life through the study of cellular biology, genetics, evolution, micro-organisms, plants, and animals. The focus is on the application of scientific skills and general biology concepts through inquiry based activities. Students are expected to participate and be active learners throughout the course. Competent writing and reading comprehension skills will be expected.
****See Advanced Biology links for all chapter notes and work as well as links to the old website for lesson plans and other needed sites.
Keystone practice quizzes for the fourth nine weeks:
- Basic Directions
- Read a PowerPoint presentation on a Biology topic
- Take the related quiz
- Correct your score until you get an 80% or better.
- Click “check your score” in the presence of your teacher.
- Part 1:
- Go to: http://www.biologyjunction.com/pwpt_biology.htm
- Read through the power points in order (starting with Introduction to Biology, ending with Population Genetics)
- Part 2:
- Go to: http://www.biologyjunction.com/quizzes.htm
- Take the quiz that matches the PowerPoint.
- Part 3:
- Raise your hand to call your teacher to your workstation
- Click “Get Score” to show your teacher your earned score
- If score is lower than an 80%, repeat the quiz
- Quiz List:
- Keep track of the quizzes you have taken and the scores you have received