Dickson & Edgewood Elementary Schools
Video Conferencing and Distance Collaboration
1. The “Naked Turkey” writing project between Edgewood, Dickson and Lubbock, Texas
2. Steeler Super Bowl geography videoconference between Dickson and Eisenhower Elementary, Green Bay
3. Puffins and Penguins conference with the Columbus Zoo
4. Dr Seuss’s birthday conference between Mrs. Zanic’s Class and Mrs. Durco’s Class at Metzgar Elementary in Greensburg Salem School District
5. Synchronously reading between Dickson and St. Matthews Primary School in London, England.
6. Cultural discussions between Modern School for Girls in Calcutta, India and First Grade at Edgewood Elementary.
7. Cultural discussions between Altira Primary School in Ghana and Edgewood
Projects beyond the Written Report - topic immersion
1. Dorothy Height biographical podcast
2. World War II podcast and video slideshow
3. Civil War podcast
4. Anti-bullying Glogster Poster contest - Dickson
5. Anti-bullying video - Dickson
6. Castle in the Attic - blog for novel discussion
7. PSSA Music Video fourth grade
8. Creating Virtural Reality community tours
9. Web 2.0 projects - Wordles (get-to-know-you and vocabulary activities), GoAnmate for story retells, and xtranormal for narrative writing
Seamless Hardware integration -
1. Exposure to three major operating systems. Chrome, Windows, and OSX
2. iPod for drill and practice of basic skills
3. Deployment of 60 new laptops at High School Science Dept.
Daily and continuous use of the Promethean Boards and Activ Inspire to engage students.